Sunday, May 9, 2010

Is Mother's Day over yet?

Now, most of us look forward to a day of pampering and mommy bliss. Queen for the day. But, we settle for whatever little creations our kids come up with and husbands remember.
My dad is not going so well. It isn't even lunch time yet and I'm pretty done with the day! My husband is on his way home from a trip. So, I am already a parent down. But, I decided to take the kids to breakfast-bagels, morning smoothies and coffee for mommy. I should have known that it wouldn't go right or even decent. It was definitely a mommy morning. Mommy rushing around, mommy getting dirty, mommy getting frazzled. No pampering!
This morning it decided to rain, putting a slight cramp in my vision. Eating our breakfast outside was not going to happen. After the bagel shop (and minor melt down by the preschooler) we walked 2 doors down to get Jamba Juice. That went pretty well, except for the toddler dashing out to the fountain in front of the plaza. Next, mommy's coffee.

The line in Starbucks was HUGE! I sat the kids down to drink their juice and eat their bagel while I stood in line for white chocolate coffee bliss! For the first 2 minutes, all was well. Then the toddler dug in to our bag, grabbed my bagel and dropped it out of the wax wrap onto the floor. As you can guess the shmear hit the floor.
Some woman jumped up to clean the floor and my bagel since I was in line. I left the line, I gathered my boys and bagels and hit the road. Well, not before she said she was helping because I was in line- mental smack. I wasn't giving up on my bagel so we went back and got myself a new one.
As we got in the car and loaded the toddler in his carseat, my preschooler started to laugh?
"What?"
"Your jacket?"
"What, I can't see-tell mommy!"
"You have cream cheese by your hood." Hehehehehe
Ahhh!

I get in the car, drive to a drive-thru Starbucks and get relief!
When we get home, I unpack kids, wash up and do a load of laundry.
I turn to tell the toddler not to go outside(my laundry is in my garage and have to step outside to enter the garage) and I slip on the water- smack my fingers on the door and hit my knee.
I am loving this day!!!
I guess I should have realized that just because it is Mother's Day I shouldn't really expect to get what I want or think I can pull everything off.
No husband, no warm bagel, doing chores, busy boy stuff that never goes right, I want to cry!
So, I called my mom! Thank goodness for moms!
Later today, dinner with the family at my uncles. I look forward- to help!
Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: