Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Trip Away

So while we were away visiting friends a mommy moment occurred. Really, when don't mommy moments occur?
3 boys between the ages of 3&6 were using the same bathroom as my family, including one of those 3 boys. And while I was putting on my makeup one little boy used the potty in a hurry and peed all over the place, then tried to leave before flushing, and washing hands.
Very shortly after this, our hostess came in to use the bathroom (note: it is a two piece bathroom toilet and sinks are separated via a door) and was appalled! I kept my mouth shut! She called for all 3 boys to come to the toilet- only 2 came, mine included and I was happy because I knew what was about to happen. Although, the mess maker himself didn't come to listen- the others were told how to pee and what to do when they miss. Now, I let my son be privilege to this because, although this exact incident was not his fault I'm sure at some point on this visit it was/will be and at home it is a constant issue. I wanted him to get this speech from somebody else. I thought he might listen! She told them home to keep their stream in the toilet and if they miss to get one of the cleaner wipes and clean it up.
Well he did. He listened and took it to heart so much so that when our hostess was home he refused to go potty by himself and threw some crazy tantrums based on his feelings. This was a little price to pay for the gift I received when we returned home.
Back from a trip to Target-I purchased some non-toxic eco-wipes for the bathroom and went over how and why we use them. Since then, I have had a new bathroom cleaner. His shot has been perfected and he finds any excuse to use the cleaning wipes. I can't strand the smell of urine in the bathroom-if your not peeing the smell shouldn't be there! FINALLY! There is someone else helping me to eliminate it- the tiny tinkler himself.

No comments: