Monday, February 1, 2010

Night Crawler

After a long day driving home I got the car unpacked, the kids settled and the into bed. After all the caffeine wore off sleep finally took over and bliss set in.
At least for an hour, then I woke to a disturbance.
I heard a plastic or acrylic sound being moved about just feet away from my bedroom window.
I startled away and froze. I don't really want to know what is out there. The desire to protect my kids took over and I grabbed the curtain open.
No moon, street light or glasses in sight so my vision was impaired. Was I really seeing something?
And then...his head titled down, mask and all and I knew exactly what was going on.
Like a frantic warrior I began to pelt my window as if it was capable of shooting out pellets.
I was angry and half asleep. With a wild rage I went off.
"Get out of my garden" I yelled as I wildly rapped on my window, damn raccoon!
Neighborhood animals were awake, my baby was crawling in my bed and the animal leaped off into one of my trees. And back to sleep I went.

No comments: